About the Seminar:
Ekonnect Knowledge Foundation and SDG Foundation in collaboration with Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) are pleased to invite you to participate in one day national seminar focusing on Managing Industrial Air Emissions on 21st February 2018. The registration will start at 9.30 am.
Industrial emissions are regulated under the Air (Prevention and Control) Act to comply with National Ambient Air Quality Standards. Industries are required to use Continuous Emission and Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Systems and regular update on state of art innovations in monitoring instrumentation technologies . The “big data” created through CQMS, requires exposure to the state of art understanding tools for data analytics and modelling.
The subject of AQM has considerably evolved over the last few years. It is important that the industries, professionals and researchers get updates on the requirements of compliance as well as clearance. The increasing role of Judiciary also needs to be understood. Experience sharing is also necessary to know about the good practices & strategies adopted by some of the leading industries in monitoring and managing air emissions.
Links to the sources of information
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards (CPCB 2009)
- Environmental Standards for various Industries (CPCB July 2000)
- Emission Standards for Thermal Power Plants (CPCB 2015)
- Environment (Protection) (Fifth Amendment) Rules, 2014 for Cement Sector:
- Environmental Standards (MoEFCC):
- A Review of the Process for setting Industry-Specific Emission Standards in India (RICARDO 2016)
- Global Cement Standards:
- Status of Environmental Compliance of Cement Sector in India:
- Status of Environmental Compliance of Thermal Power Sector in India:
- Technology Barriers in Implementing Emission Standards in Thermal Power Plants:
- CEMS vs PEMS:
- Comparative Analysis of Monitoring Devices for Particulate Content in Exhaust Gases:
- Issues and Challenges for Emission Trading Scheme for Particulate Matter in India:
- PEMS, software based emission monitoring systems for refining process: